Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Lannie's Statues

My late father-in-law's auto body shop was located pretty close to Lannie's.

I'm guessing he knew the restaurant's owner, because after it closed, my father-in-law ended up with several of the cool statues that used to grace it. There's several of them that have been serving as garden ornaments on my in-laws' property for several years now.

One of the statues is called a Foo Dog – or, a Chinese guardian lion. Statues of Foo Dogs have traditionally guarded the entrance to imperial palaces, tombs, temples and government offices, believed to offer mythic protection. (You can read more about them here.)

Here are several views of it (below).

I'm not sure what the other two statues represent (below).
Here's all three of them (below).
It's nice to know they found a good home in Elyria Township.

No comments: